Breaking News

NBA 2k18 PC -- Bug/Glitch loading Rosters with more than 15 players on a Team has been reported to 2k Sports


I submitted ticket # 4196881 to 2k Sports to Report and Fix
a BUG I noticed over 1 month ago.

I am still going back and forth with 2k Sports
but it doesn't look good...

I am still being asked to clear the cache
 and re-install the game...

  The Community Rosters still work
properly if you start a New Association.

 

My Last Reply to 2k Sports was

(June 13th 2019)

Ticket has been closed and the issue
has not been fixed.  

The problem only happens during the Playoffs

Below is what I originally
sent
to 2k Sports 

  URGENT -- Glitch loading Rosters with more than 15 players

  • Avatar
    Darth2k11


    This request has been rated as:

    With the following comment:

    The issue I am having still has not been fixed but the ticket has been closed as resolved.
    • Avatar
      Darth2k11


      I just started having this issue a few days ago.
      When I load my Custom Rosters in "Play Now" Mode
      STEAM ID = darth2k11
      FILENAME = NBA2K18 Community Rosters
      I initially have 17 Players (15 Reg + 2 x 2 way players) on my Team(s)
      ex. Philadelphia
      After loading the Custom Rosters in "Play Now" Mode and exiting "Play Now" Mode and then trying to "Edit" the same Custom Rosters there are only 15 players showing in the "edit team rotation" screen even though there are still 17 players listed on the Team Roster.
      See Screenshot attachments provided
      1 screenshot shows 17 players on the edit rotation screen.
      1 screenshot shows 15 players on the same Roster after exiting "Play Now Mode" on the edit rotation screen.
      I have tried other Rosters and re-installed my updates on Steam and still have the same problem.
      The only way to get the Rosters to display properly again is to exit and restart the game as long as you Do Not Save the Rosters when they are only displaying 15 out of 17 players.
      Please fix this issue.
      Thanks

    • Avatar
      Darth2k11


      Have the same issue if I try to start Playoff Mode.
      Roster is reduced to 15 players from 17.
    • Avatar
      2K Leo


      Hey Darth,
      Thanks for contacting us and sorry for the late response.
      Can you please tell me if this custom roster is affected in gameplay? Additionally, are you able to get this to occur with any other custom rosters, or does it just happen to this one?
      Once I get some more info, we can investigate further.
      Take care,
      2K Leo
      Customer Support
      2K Games
    • Avatar
      Darth2k11


      Hey 2KLeo,
      The issue with the Rosters going from 17 players to 15 players even occurs with the default 2k Rosters. or any other custom roster that has more than 15 players on a Team.
      The issue started occurring close to the actual NBA playoffs. I suspect it has to do with some update that was made by 2k Sports around that time.
      How I first noticed it was when I was updating my Custom Rosters with the latest transactions and player rotations.
      I then went into Play Now mode to load My Rosters in Exhibition Mode to see how the Team Ratings were affected from the changes I made.
      Before actually playing a game...I exited Play Now mode to re-edit the Rosters
      and when I loaded the Rosters the 76ers for example, still show 17 players but when you actually try to edit ratings etc...you will notice 2 players are missing.
      If you do not save the Rosters and exit the game and restart...all 17 players will be available to be edited.
      If I try to load any Roster to start a new "Playoff Mode" the Rosters are reduced to 15 players if they had 16 or more players .
      To summarize,
      going into certain game modes
      and then trying to edit the custom rosters after
      or
      trying to load custom rosters into certain game modes
      Has a glitch where sometimes editable or playable "Players" are reduced to 15 even if there should be more than 15 players available to be edited or used on the Team.
      Hope that helps.
    • Avatar
      2K Leo


      Hey Darth,
      Thanks for getting back to me.
      Let's start by doing a cache clear. If that didn't work, the next steps I'd suggest is to back up your files and completely re-install your game. If your issue is still happening, please provide a video showing exactly how the issue occurs. Here's a guide on how to send us videos.
      As soon as I get that information, I can take a deeper look and see if we can solve it. If you have any questions, please let me know.
      Thanks,
      2K Leo
      Customer Support
      2K Games
    • Avatar
      Darth2k11


      Hi 2kLeo,
      I have tried the cache clear and have re-installed the game and I still have the same issue.
      Have you tried loading my Rosters from Steam?
      Are you not noticing the issue when you follow the steps I provided in my previous replies?
      1. Download my Rosters or the latest 2k Rosters
      STEAM ID = darth2k11
      FILENAME = NBA2K18 Community Rosters
      2. Load the Roster and find a Team that has 17 players.
      If you use mine, the Philadelphia 76ers have 17 players
      (15 Regular and 2 Two-Way Players)
      3. Exit from Edit Roster Mode and try these 2 things:
      a) Try to start a new PLAYOFF
      Make sure you have the 76ers or the Team that has 17 players from the Roster you are using selected. When you try to edit that team you will see there are only 15 players available for editing instead of 17.
      2 players cannot be edited.
      b) Go to Play Now Mode and LOAD the Rosters.
      Load the ROSTER you are using that has 17 Players on a Team.
      Now EXIT "Exhibition Mode" before even playing a GAME.
      Go back to EDIT ROSTER MODE and LOAD the same Roster with 17 Players on a Team and you will see that on 15 can be edited,
      The other 2 are missing but are actually still on the TEAM.
      Please try it and you will see for yourself.
      I provided 2 screenshots in my 1st reply showing the same Roster with 17 Players and 15 Players after the 2 things I am asking you to do.
      This way you can replicate what is happening....
    • Avatar
      Darth2k11


      The same Roster with 17 Players on a Team have only 15 Players that can be edited after trying the 2 Scenarios I provided above in Step # 3
    • Avatar
      2K Leo


      Hey Darth,
      Thanks for getting back to me.
      15 players is the limit for an active roster. If you have any other players in the same roster, they will be considered inactive and can't be edited. If you have any further questions, feel free to let me know.
      Take care,
      2K Leo
      Customer Support
      2K Games
    • Avatar
      Darth2k11


      Hey 2k Leo,
      This was not the case a little over a month ago....
      The game allows you to have 15 Regular and 2 "Two-Way Players" on each Team. That is why I gave you specific STEPS to ASSIST you above .
      I am not trying to play a game with 17 Players...
      but if you want to CHANGE the ROTATIONS prior to playing a GAME or PLAYOFF MODE you were able to do so and access ALL 17 Players on the TEAM...
      You have not addressed the issue I explained of being unable to EDIT 2 of the 17 Players after Exiting "Play Now Mode" because they are MISSING.
      or
      Not being able to Edit 2 of 17 Players in Player Rotations in "Playoff Mode" How can I put the missing 2 of 17 Players into the Rotation if they are MISSING?
      That is why I tell you it was not like that over a month ago...something has changed.
      Please put me in contact with someone that actually plays the Game...
      I have repeatedly explained myself and you seem to not understand the problem based on the responses you have provided me.
    • Avatar
      2K Leo


      Hey Darth,
      Thanks for getting back to me.
      What you're seeing is intended by the developers since two-way players are not allowed to be on the active roster in the Playoffs. If you have any further questions, feel free to let me know.
      Take care,
      2K Leo
      Customer Support
      2K Games
    • Avatar
      Darth2k11


      Thanks for the reply Leo but your response still doesn't explain why after I exit exhibition and go back to edit rosters why 2 players are missing.
    • Avatar
      2K Leo


      Hello again Darth,
      Can you please explain how you managed to fit 17 players on a single team? 15 should be the maximum amount that you can add. This may be why you're unable to edit the other two players on the team.
      If you have any further questions, feel free to let me know.
      Take care,
      2K Leo
      Customer Support
      2K Games
    • Avatar
      Darth2k11


      2k Leo, you have got to be kidding?
      I have explained this already....several times.
      The game allows you to have 15 Regular and 2 "Two-Way Players" on each Team.
      When you have 15 PLAYERS on a Team, you can change 2 of the 15 PLAYERS to 2-WAY PLAYERS.
      This allows you to add 2 additional players to the TEAM.
      Do I really have to tell you this?!?!
      You are TECH SUPPORT
      PLEASE FIX THE PROBLEM!!
      You have not addressed the issue I explained of being unable to EDIT 2 of the 17 Players after Exiting "Play Now Mode" because they are MISSING.
      or
      Not being able to Edit 2 of 17 Players in Player Rotations in "Playoff Mode" How would I be able to put the missing 2 of 17 Players into the Rotation if they are MISSING?
      I understand that only 13 Players dress for an actual game.
      What is happening is I am no longer able to edit the PLAYER ROTATIONS prior to PLAYING A GAME so that I can decide which 13 PLAYERS will play a GAME!!!
      Please put me in contact with someone from TECH SUPPORT
      I have wasted over a month going back and forth and you do not even know the GAME!!
      This is very annoying!!
      I will NEVER buy or RECOMMEND your products if this issue is not escalated to your Developers.
      You do not even have the RESPECT to try what I have provided in my numerous replies because you would have seen what the issue is!!!!
      That is why I tell you it was not like that over a month ago...something has changed.
      Please put me in contact with someone that actually plays the Game...
    • Avatar
      Darth2k11


      The issue is related to the Playoffs / Games Today Mode.
      Yesterday when there were no games I noticed the issue I was having didn't occur.
      Today, is the start of the NBA Finals and the issue has returned!!
      Something is causing the Rosters to not reset when you return to the EDIT ROSTER screen after exiting Play Now Mode.
      It only happens during the Playoffs that is why it is was 1st noticed a little over a month ago when the actual NBA Playoffs started.
    • Avatar
      Darth2k11


      LOL
      The issue is not solved but for the 2nd time my ticket is closed.
      What a waste of time!

2 comments:

  1. I dunno if this is also a bug but i always receive a warning in offline association stating that I am below minimum player requirements despite having 15 players on my team right after doing trades.

    ReplyDelete